A new favourite – it’s soft and oh so yummy! The literal translation would be „alpine bread“. You’ll need:
- 500g flour
- 250 g margarine
- 250 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of each cinnamon, cloves & cardamon
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- hot water
- Combine all the ingredients and knead. Divide the dough into 6 parts.
- For each baking tray, take 3 parts of the dough and shape each one of them into a roll that fits the tray lengthwise.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 180° C.
- In the meantime, stir the ingredients for the icing with a fork and paint thickly on the rolls while they’re still hot.
- While still warm, cut diagonally into stripes and let cool.